Home elevators have been increasing in popularity over the last two decades. No longer are residential elevators for the elderly, today as younger home buyers are looking to enhance their lifestyle and increase home values, elevator installation has increased. You can definitely see this is especially true in the beach, resort, and city environments where houses and buildings are built more vertical and so many different elevator styles to match the budget and personal taste. Rise Above Elevator company increases its installations each year to keep up with the trend of the elevator installation.
On the market today, there are hundreds of thousands of homes in the US that have residential elevators, and even more each year for resale. Often times, buyers and sellers do not know how to assess the condition and maintenance of their existing homes elevator. Realtors are also in the same boat, and not sure what to do. Home inspectors typically exclude home elevators from their inspections.
Therefore the selection of a home elevator service company can play an important role in the selling or buying of your home. They would be able to go over previous maintenance and repairs done to the elevator as well as show potential buyers where the machine room is as well as the drive system. Having a good relationship with your elevator installation and maintenance company can be beneficial in the future when looking to sell a home.
5 Things Homeowners and Home Buyers Should Know About Home Elevator
- Select a company that has Insured and Certified Elevator Technicians. These are elevator experts who have been trained in the trade of residential elevator maintenance, service, and repair. Rise Above Elevator knows how important it is to install properly and continually have proper maintenance is for your home elevator, whether it is pneumatic elevators or hydraulic elevators.
Pick an expert to manage this important safety asset in your home. You should also make sure to keep a record of all maintenance and repairs done to your elevator, so you can share with the new homeowners. If the new homeowners decide to go with a different company they could then provide them with all the information regarding the life of the elevator.
- Obviously, you have made a sizable investment in a home elevator, an elevator costs are steep. More often than not it is a greater investment than the cars sitting in the driveway. Your expectation is that this new asset will be reliable and last for decades to come.
Just as with a car needs maintenance, a home elevator requires routine maintenance. Select a qualified home elevator maintenance company that can provide a maintenance agreement with regular service calls, often times this can be in packages with the installation process of the elevator. These contracts range from simple inspection and lubrication to a full maintenance and repair contract. When selling a home the remaining term of this contract should be conveyed to the new homeowner without interruption in service.
- It should not be hard to understand why you need to select a local service provider. No one wants to wait for their frozen food to thaw in the elevator when it is stuck between floors. Find a local service provider willing to provide top quality service and ensure your satisfaction keeping your elevator running smoothly. It is also ok to get multiple quotes and speak to different companies to make sure you find one to fit your needs. This will come in handy when there is an emergency.
- Select a service company that has a systematic routine maintenance and repair program. Make sure that they know exactly what they are going to examine each time before they come to your home. If you are unsure, ask them prior to them coming to your home. Rise Above Elevator will provide you peace of mind with our routine maintenance and inspection plan. The company you choose should regularly inspect the drive system, elevator shaft, machine room, and an elevator car. Check with your homeowner’s insurance to see if they have policies regarding the frequency of routine elevator maintenance.
- When listing and selling a house you want to have a competitive advantage. Select a company that explains exactly what they are doing and can show you using a descriptive and visual web-based tool. This tool can be set-up to help both the sellers and buyers clearly understand that the elevator is being well cared for and repairs are being made. This tool can be linked to a real estate listing, providing a competitive advantage and peace of mind to both the home seller and buyer. If there is a warranty with the elevator that should be included in the purchase of the home as well.
Home elevators do not need to be a mystery to homeowners, buyers, and realtors. With technological advantages, it makes it easier to understand how the elevator is working and that it is functioning properly.
Visit Raise Above Elevator service company today to schedule an appointment to learn more about the technology and home elevator maintenance programs.